Wooden Relic and New Structure

Parish of St. John Gualbert and St. Thecla in Stany

The church is patronized by extraordinary saints: Italian Saint John Gualbert from the 11th century and St. Thecla, who lived in the 1st century, likely a disciple of St. Paul of Tarsus. The parish was established in 1818, and the church is slightly younger. It is a wooden hall-type construction, three-aisled with aisles of equal height. Modestly furnished inside, the Baroque altars stand out - the main one in brown and gold, the right side in white and gold, and the left in blue and gold. The temple miraculously survived the German occupation when it was earmarked for fuel. Next to it, a new brick church was built in the 1980s.

Parish in the United States

Other attractions in the area