Mighty disused tserkva

Greek catholic tserkva of St Dimitri the Martyr in Łukawiec

The oldest part of the buildings was erected at the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, while the largest extension took place in 1923. The original shape is represented by the central nave with a large rectangular tower topped with an onion-shaped dome and a chancel. The extension included the woman’s gallery. The shingle covering the walls and the beams of the floor, as well as the stones on which the structure rests, are perfectly visible. The interior, devastated during the communist years and lacking iconostasis and polychrome, was renovated in the 1990s after a fire.

A wooden church surrounded by a wooden fence with an entrance gate
A cyclist in a helmet and a pink and blue jacket riding an asphalt road next to a wooden Orthodox church

Other attractions in the area