The castle that has seen a lot

Sobień Castle

In a wooded area on an escarpment on the bank of the San, there are the forgotten ruins of a castle. The first defensive structure was built here back in the 13th century, and subsequent owners expanded and modernised it. The end of the castle's existence came in 1474 when the southern edge of the Republic of Poland was invaded by the Hungarians under the command of Matthias Corvinus. It was not renovated. The ruins can be well seen from the river and have been secured and adapted for visitors. It is worth mentioning that they offer a beautiful view of the San valley.

Wooden stairs with a balustrade leading up to the ruins of the castle among the trees
Top view of the river, trees and fields

Other attractions in the area